So, all we can do is try to muddle through. Kathleen Turner (Matty) did more than that (and mastered the Rule against Perpetuities to boot). She wore a deceptively sexy blouse and skirt that burned a hole in poor William Hurt’s (Ned) brain. Any time you have a conversation like this with a guy, you know you’ve got him:
- Ned: Maybe you shouldn’t dress like that.
- Matty: This is a blouse and a skirt.* I don’t know what you’re talking about.
- Ned: You shouldn’t wear that body.
- * Fun fact: Jamaicans use the phrase “blouse and skirt” to indicate surprise, as in “Blouse and skirt, you look less sweaty than I expected!”
- I did not choose a blouse and skirt today, because I think a dress is better when it is brutally hot. I went with this ancient, linen JCrew dress and paired it with a very cool 70s belt from Lula Vintage Wear.